5 Acts

Saturday, January 06, 2007

I have decided to use the weekend to share songs that I probably wouldn't post about Monday-Friday. Most likely these tracks will be a little older, but I love them nonetheless. Hope you enjoy them too!

We all know who
Modest Mouse is. Their new album is out sometime early this year.

Como Osos is no longer together. Sad, sad. However, you can still enjoy this duo by downloading their EP for free at their website. Yay!

This is probably my favorite song from Cat Power. I hear her next album will include covers of songs by people like Billie Holiday and Duke Ellington.

Here is Giant Drag doing an excellent cover of a Chris Isaak song. It's available on the UK version of their full-length debut.

Fonda combines twee pop and guitar rock to create something pretty magical. It's been over three years since their last release. I need new stuff, guys!