5 Acts: <center>Ladybirds: Teeter reflects</center>

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ladybirds: Teeter reflects

(a few words from Teeter)

I've been trying to think long and hard about the band/bands that affected me most this year and the outstanding choice for me would, hands down, have to be Okkervil River.


At the beginning of 2006, I went through this phase where I thought it was high time to break up with music, not sure why, mostly because I'm dramatic (Regional Community Theater, sup!) and reactionary and music and all the trappings surrounding it had been wearing me down.


A year later, Okkervil was the band that inadvertantly lead me back to music and made me fall in love with it even harder than I had the first time around.


All of their records have been on my personal loop for most of 2007, with an exacted focus on
Black Sheep Boy and their newest masterpiece, The Stage Names.

The songs that have hit me the hardest from
The Stage Names: "Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe," "Plus Ones," "A Girl In Port," and "Unless It's Kicks."

I can't get these songs to stop spinning around the internal record player of my head and I can't get this band out of the Most Important Band Of The Last 10 Years slot in my brain and heart.


During CMJ this year I had the opportunity to meet Okkervil lead singer, Will Sheff - and I could not, for the life of me, formulate any words outside of, "Hi, I'm Teeter" because I was so shy in the face of such a gifted boy. Normally, I never shut up!


I don't really know what else to say beyond this, except that I love them to death and I can't thank them enough for renewing my faith in contemporary tune-making.


Thanks so so so much for being so kind to our band this year. We love you!


Xoxoxo
Teeter

Ladybrids on MySpace

Ladybrids on The Hype Machine